Why Zara’s Owner Is One Of The Richest Man On Earth
Zara is among the top clothing retailers worldwide, founded in Spain. Zara was founded by Amancio Ortega and Rosalia Mera in 1975 in Arteixo, Galicia. Zara was completely owned and maintained by its parent company Inditex. Zara was known by some other names also such as Pull and Bear, Oysho, Zara Home, Bershka, Uterque, Stradivarius and some more. First ever store of Zara was established in A Coruna, Spain in the year 1975. There are a number of products offered by Zara to their customers worldwide which includes fashionable apparels, footwears and accessories for men, women and kids too. Products supplied by Zara is according to the location and the trend. According to Zara, in the year 2016, Zara produces more than 450 million items and increasing day by day.
Moreover, all of these supplies are from Spain only. Also, products manufactured by Zara are non-toxic. In 2011, Greenpace advices wants Zara to produce non-toxic products only. Zara is available in more than 88 countries with more than 2200 stores worldwide. Everyone knows about Zara and its founder but here are some of the interesting and unknown facts, which surely you never heard about. Check out some of the unknown facts and controversies of Zara below.
- Parent company of Zara, Inditex is one of the largest and biggest apparels retailer worldwide. It is the biggest fashion group in the market with more than 8 fashion chains with more than 7200 stores in 93 countries worldwide.
- Founder of Zara, Amancio Ortega is the richest man in Europe and fourth richest man in the world. Total worth of Amancio is more than $82 Billion. This business tycoon is also a dropout from school same as Steve Jobs and Marks Zuckerberg.
- In 2017 net worth of Zara increases at a very high rate as its net worth in 2017 is calculated as $9.4 Billion.
- Net worth of co-founder and ex-wife of Amancio Ortega, Rosalia Mera at the time of her death is more than $6.1 Billion. She was also awarded as the world’s wealthiest self-made women till the date.
- Anyone know about the exact time taken to design, develop and produce new designs? All these processes take only 2 weeks to design, develop, produce and supplying the products. You can Contact Zara Head Office for more detailed information on this.
- Warehouse of Zara in Spain is more than 5 million square feet. Even the giant warehouses of Amazon also need the warehouses of Zara to meet its urgent demands.
- Around 200 employees are working in the creative team of Zara restlessly to meet the customer’s demands. There creative people are responsible for to compete with fast fashion world’s demand.
- There are more than 50 stores of Zara within United Kingdom. Customer service support to the customers of Zara with UK is also provided by the company for any type of support, complaint or in warranty services. Customers can easily contact Zara Head Office London department for more information
- More than 50% of the products manufactured by Zara are still produced in Spain and is supplied to other countries.